We finish up Destiny Islands and take our first step in Traverse Town.
Friendship Is Zippers
Ah, Kingdom Hearts. Brainchild of Tetsuya Nomura, neverending font of zipper-related humour.
Let's see what Wikipedia has to say:
Quote: Originally Posted by wikipedia
Kingdom Hearts is an action role-playing game developed and published by Square (now Square Enix) in 2002 for the PlayStation 2 video game console. The first game in the Kingdom Hearts series, it is the result of a collaboration between Square Enix and The Walt Disney Company. The game combines characters and settings from Disney animated features with those from Square's Final Fantasy series.
So, Final Fantasy meets Disney? Must've been one hell of an (most likely stuck) elevator pitch...
Surprisingly, the two franchises merge pretty well, though. The game is lots of fun, the plot, while a bit convoluted,
is internally consistent, and the characters are true to source for the most part.
Join me and our boards very own Domochevsky as we struggle through this epic Saga of friendship, magic, and a notable absence of ponies.
What to expect:
- Playing as a mage/defense combo, with offense forfeit.
- A semi-skilled 99%* playthrough by me, with the occasional grind being done off-camera
- Commentary by me (knows the games) and Domochevsky (doesn't know what he's going to go through, yet...)
- A lot of benevolent bickering about the plot and characters
- One to two updates per week
- A whole lot of fun
*99% because no way in hell are we going to beat that one boss, except if I feel particularly bored and masochistic somewhen down the line. Don't bet on it. Seriously. Screw that guy.